Friday, January 23, 2009

A rainy day on Catalina Island


Rain today, and my feeble brain tells me the moisture is a blessing for the Island, but my heart wants sunshine and blue skies. Gray and gloomy all day. I've been humming an old country-western song I learned years ago: "gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep, dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me."


Light rain, temps in the 60s, things aren't that bad on Catalina Island; you just get spoiled by the good weather.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Gloom, despair and agony on me" was a song that was sung on the old TV show Hee Haw. It was always funny watching the actors trying to keep a straight face as they were going through the bit. You must be really old to remember it.

Arthur and Lynn said...

I am really old. Old, fat and bald. Yikes.

Catalina Island Chronicles, daily life on the CA island